We Help Saratoga County’s Youth Navigate Life’s Challenges!
The Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention Council of Saratoga County, Inc, is a nonprofit, community-based organization. Our mission is to provide education, information and referral services on the subjects of alcohol, tobacco, other drug and violence prevention to individuals and local communities, thereby enhancing the quality of life for all citizens by diminishing the adverse effects of substance abuse and violence.
Core Organizational Values
- Prevention, intervention and referral services must be based on current research that confirms the effectiveness of programs and strategies. Such research reinforces the current approach of reducing risk and enhancing resiliency and protective factors in individuals, schools, families and communities.
- The most effective prevention involves the entire community including individuals (both children and adults) families, schools, and community institutions.
- Universal and selected level school programs are available to all children and youth in specified age groups and their families. Indicated programs are also offered to at-risk young people where possible. Every effort must be made to involve parents in school-based prevention and intervention programs.
- The agency work environment must be consistent with the principles of comprehensive wellness to every degree possible.
- Confidentiality, as defined by the law and standards of professional ethics, must be maintained in all professional interactions.