The Prevention Council is currently hiring the following position:
Coordinator of Volunteers-Southern Adirondack Recovery Alliance
Position Title: Coordinator of Volunteers
Reports To: Director Southern Adirondack Recovery Alliance
FLSA Status: Exempt-Part Time
Position Summary: SARA is The Southern Adirondack Recovery Alliance, including six counties, Saratoga, Hamilton, Fulton, Washington, Clinton and Montgomery . The Alliance is managed by the Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention Council, Inc. of Saratoga County and is funded by the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse (OASAS).SARA will operate three Recovery Community Outreach Centers (RCOC); the central office being located in Saratoga Springs. The Coordinator of Volunteers shall work with the Director, other staff and volunteers in building and sustaining an active recovery community in the greater Saratoga region.
- Create a welcoming environment for all visitors and incoming calls to RCOC;
- Responsible for recruitment, screening, training, supervision, coordination and tracking of volunteers;
- Develop volunteer leadership, structure, and peer mentorship;
- Oversee schedule for RCOC volunteers, recovery group meetings, and other trainings;
- Responsible for volunteer appreciation activities throughout the year;
- Work with SARA Director in creating volunteer manual;
- Coaches and counsels volunteers, reports any concerns to Director;
- Receives and provides necessary training for self and staff to implement a quality recovery program;
- Maintains a collaborative relationship with all outside groups and agencies;
- Ensures that all reports and paperwork are competed satisfactorily and in a timely manner;
- Conducts community outreach to enlist new volunteers and to educate the community about SARA;
- Ensures regulatory compliance;
- Works collaboratively with other service providers to bring educational and vocational programs to SARA;
- Responsible for volunteer program evaluation and continuous improvement; and
- Performs other job responsibilities at the request of the Director.
- 1-3 years supervisory/management experience working in a health and human service agency
- Successful recovery from addictions for at least three years preferred
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the mission of The Prevention Council.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and travel primarily throughout the Saratoga area.
- Current valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and vehicle availability
The Prevention Council is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and resume by July 11th 2017 to:firstname.lastname@example.org