Cool Out of School Summer Counselor
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and understand the curriculum.
- Deliver the program at participating sites, respecting the youth and their individual needs.
- Be positive, enthusiastic and friendly
- Prepare alternative activities if planned activities are not working well with the youth
- Work with Coordinator or co-workers to inventory and arrange to have needed materials for each site.
- Work with Coordinator and co-workers to reassess and revise the program as needed for maximum effectiveness, in light of student needs.
- Work with municipal site staff to group students for most effective facilitation of the curriculum.
- Work with Coordinator and other Prevention Council professional staff to orient and train municipal site staff.
- Arrange for the maintenance and duplication of program materials
- Complete site and self-evaluations as required by Coordinator.
High school graduate (mature students entering 12th grade at discretion of Coordinator and Director of School-Based Services). Experience working with children and youth preferred. If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Patty Kilgore email@example.com by June 6, 2022.
Outreach Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA)
This is a 1 FTE position. The Certified Recovery Advocate shall work with the Director of the Recovery Center, other staff and volunteers in building and sustaining an active recovery community. Peers use their shared personal lived experience to promote clients’ recovery, offering support, advocacy, and skill development opportunities. A majority of participant contacts take place face-to-face in the community. Documentation of services provided is a component of this work. Peers must be certified.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Create a welcoming environment for all visitors and incoming calls to the Recovery Center
- Assist individuals with Substance Use Disorder in various settings (such as emergency departments, other agencies and within the community)
- Effectively engage with individuals who want to enter into recovery
- Participate in community outreach events and training sessions to increase public understanding of addiction and recovery
- Support program participants in pre-crisis or crisis situations
- Teach participants recovery skills, based on shared life experiences
- Help participants transition from inpatient to community settings, as needed
- Provide Narcan training for individuals and/or groups
- Share information with participants about benefits, entitlements, and other supports
- Provide outreach to help participants connect with desired and appropriate services
- Link participants with needed community resources and treatment services
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with all outside groups and agencies
- Ensure that all reports and paperwork are competed satisfactorily and in a timely manner
- Create a wellness/recovery plan with all participants
- Attend supervision with supervisor once a week.
- Successful recovery from addictions for at least three years preferred
- Certification as a Recovery Peer Advocate (substance use)
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the mission of The Prevention Council and the Recovery Center.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and travel throughout Saratoga County.
- Current valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and vehicle availability
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Lillian McCarthy firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 13, 2022.