Community Outreach Manager
The Community Outreach Manager should bring experience and enthusiasm for collaborating with community leaders, agencies and stakeholders in delivering health related programs. The Community Outreach Manager will be responsible for supervising staff in establishing community-based outreach and coalitions for the purpose of reducing substance use and underage gambling, as well as promoting positive youth development. These responsibilities include oversight of staff and budgets for coalitions when the agency acts as a fiscal agent.
- Hire, train and supervise community outreach and coalition staff.
- Supervise staff in assessing community readiness for coalition development.
- Provide staff with guidance in identifying, recruiting and training individuals and organizations from a broad range of community sectors to participate in a collaborative, substance abuse prevention planning effort.
- Develops and monitors annual program budgets. Serves as Project Director for funds awarded to Community Coalition for Family Wellness.
- Lead the agency’s program planning process by providing an annual summary of student and community data collection with recommendations for program and coalition development.
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum, Master’s Degree preferred
- Experience in community development, training and/or organization required; CPP or experience in prevention, and understanding of alcohol and substance abuse a plus.
- Minimum of three years demonstrated experience working in a not-for-profit community based agency
- Demonstrated skills in budgeting, program planning, facilitation and evaluation, group facilitation and public speaking.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including occasional evening and weekend) and travel primarily throughout the agency’s geographic area.
- Current valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and vehicle availability.
Apply with cover letter and resume by Friday, January 11, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Prevention Council is an equal opportunity employer