Position Title: Certified Recovery Peer Advocate (CRPA)
This is a .5 FTE position. The Certified Recovery Advocate shall work with the Director of the Healing Springs Recovery Center, other staff and volunteers in building and sustaining an active recovery community. Peers use their shared personal lived experience to promote clients’ recovery, offering support, advocacy, and skill development opportunities. A majority of participant contacts take place face-to-face in the community. Documentation of services provided is a component of this work. Peers must be certified.
- Successful recovery from addictions for at least three years preferred
- Certification as a Recovery Peer Advocate (substance use)
- High School graduate or GED
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the mission of The Prevention Council and the Recovery Center.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and travel throughout Saratoga County.
- Current valid driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and vehicle availability
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday April 12, 2019.
The Prevention Council is an equal opportunity employer