Whether You Donate, Volunteer, or Join Our Staff, Your Contributions Will Make a Difference in the Lives of Saratoga’s Youth
Throughout 2015, the Prevention Council led local efforts to reduce the harm of addiction across Saratoga County, with prevention programs, trainings and services. This report highlights many of our projects and achievements. Our staff is in the community on a daily basis, assisting youth, parents, business and community leaders in responding to the challenges we all face in preventing and treating alcohol and other drug addiction. Follow us on social media and visit our website for parent resources. As our communities face new challenges, we are busy implementing solutions and supporting one another along the way. Join us in making Saratoga County a healthy place to live, work and play!
Programs and initiatives we have delivered include:
- Victim Impact Panels for 847 DWI and DWAI offenders in collaboration with Saratoga County Youth Bureau and District Attorney’s Office.
- Court-mandated substance Abuse Prevention Education classes for 90 teens and adults.
- In-school Student Assistance Counseling and general counseling for 300 students seeking mental health support services.
- Reconnecting Youth classes for 118 at-risk students in Stillwater and South Glens Falls to increase self-esteem, communication skills and healthy decision making.
- TIPS responsible beverage training for 25 bartenders and servers.
- 75 individuals received NARCAN training.
- Cool Out of School summer youth program provided to 487 youth.
- Problem Gambling outreach to 500 people with billboard impressions reaching over 1000 people.
As always your support and willingness to get involved helps us continue to provide high-quality outreach, collaboration and hands-on services to youth, families, schools, and community organizations throughout Saratoga County Years.
Here are ways you can get involved and help us deliver quality programming:
Again, thank you for helping to make everything we do possible. We hope you continue to find new ways to get involved as we continue to build a strong and dynamic future for The Prevention Council and the Saratoga Region community.