Click Below to make a donation to the Prevention Council and Healing Springs Recovery Center
Prevention Works. Recovery Happens. Make a Difference for Saratoga’s Youth!
Recent research has shown that for each dollar invested in evidence-based prevention programs, between $2 and $30 can be saved in substance treatment costs, which have risen to $193 billion annually in the United States alone. (Source: The Office of National Drug Control Policy) As always your support and willingness to get involved helps us continue to provide high-quality outreach, collaboration and hands-on services to youth, families, schools, and community organizations throughout Saratoga County.
At Healing Springs Recovery Center, individuals and families can receive services such as peer-led addiction and recovery support groups; family support and resources; life skills training; linkage with community resources; health and wellness activities; community service opportunities; and education and vocational services. Nearly all services are FREE. Healing Springs is supported by NYS OASAS and is a program of The Prevention Council of Saratoga County. Since we opened in 2017, hundreds of individuals and families have found support and resources. We are creating a recovery community!
Unrestricted gifts to the Prevention Council are put to use to empower Saratoga County students and their families, below is a sampling of some of the work we are able to do:
- $125 provides one week of All Stars (youth empowerment) camp for a child transitioning to middle school
- $250 enables a person in recovery to participate in Certified Peer Advocate Training (CRPA) and help others
- $200 transportation for SADD (students against destructive decisions) club from a Saratoga based High School to participate in student leadership conference
- $500 3 risk and responsibility classes for 30 students addressing bullying, suicide and substance abuse prevention
- $1000 an assembly for 500 high school students and parents addressing bullying, suicide and substance abuse prevention
- $8000 a counselor 1 day a week in a local school providing 225 counseling sessions during the school year for a student in need
Together we CAN help our community. Donate, and see your dollars at work.
Thank you for your support of The Prevention Council. In this era of budget cuts and decreased funding for social programs, your support means more than ever…and we are truly grateful for your generosity.