Click Below to make a general donation to the Prevention Council and Healing Springs Recovery Center
Recent research has shown that for each dollar invested in evidence-based prevention programs, between $2 and $30 can be saved in substance treatment costs, which have risen to $193 billion annually in the United States alone. (Source: The Office of National Drug Control Policy) As always your support and willingness to get involved helps us continue to provide high-quality outreach, collaboration and hands-on services to youth, families, schools, and community organizations throughout Saratoga County.
Unrestricted gifts to the Prevention Council are put to use to empower Saratoga County students and their families, below is a sampling of some of the work we are able to do:
- $125 provides one week of All Stars (youth empowerment) camp for a child transitioning to middle school
- $200 transportation for SADD (students against destructive decisions) club from a Saratoga based High School to participate in student leadership conference
- $500 3 risk and responsibility classes for 30 students addressing bullying, suicide and substance abuse prevention
- $1000 an assembly for 500 high school students and parents addressing bullying, suicide and substance abuse prevention
- $8000 a counselor 1 day a week in a local school providing 225 counseling sessions during the school year for a student in need
Together we CAN help our community. Donate, and see your dollars at work.
Thank you for your support of The Prevention Council. In this era of budget cuts and decreased funding for social programs, your support means more than ever…and we are truly grateful for your generosity.