SARATOGA SPRINGS — A search committee has been formed and has begun looking at candidates for a new executive director of The Prevention Council of Saratoga County.
Early in July, The Prevention Council appointed Janine Stuchin as its interim executive director while it searches for a permanent replacement for Heather Kisselback, who resigned last month after details of her driving while intoxicated arrest came to light.
The Executive Committee of the Board of Directors appointed the committee.
“At The Prevention Council, we know that the most effective prevention involves the entire community. By incorporating parents, school, government and community leaders into our selection process, we continue in our task of bringing the community together to ensure that we make our choice for executive director the right choice for the families of Saratoga County,” Search Committee co-chairman Michael Harman said.
The executive director of The Prevention Council is responsible for the continuing development of the council’s mission and ensuring it is carried out professionally and compassionately through comprehensive programming that prevents risky and problem behaviors in children and teens. They are also expected to represent the agency publicly and within the office environment as a leader in prevention health.
“To that end, we are looking for leaders in our community who have experience in prevention or related fields to apply for the position … ,” Harman said.
Qualified individuals interested in applying have until close of business Sept. 15 to submit a résumé and letter of intent to Executive Director Search Committee co-chairman Michael Harman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view the executive director job description and requirements, go to www.preventioncouncil.org/about/careers.
The Executive Director Search Committee includes:
• Brian Farr, First Step Consultation
• Suzanne Hackert, LCSW-RHudson Headwaters Health Network
• John Kelly, coordinator of the Saratoga Office of the Center for Missing and Exploited Children, retired from the Saratoga Springs Police Department
• James Murphy III, Saratoga County District Attorney
Prevention Council staff members:
• Matthew Andrus, media and communications coordinator at Southern Adirondack Tobacco-Free Coalition, a program of The Prevention Council
• Dawn Howk, Homeless Education Services
• Jenn Wood, coordinator, Shenendehowa Community Coalition
Prevention Council board members:
• Michael M. Harman, Prevention Council treasurer, certified public accountant at Marvin and Co.
• Chris Scanlan, Prevention Council board member, principal at Waterford Junior-Senior High School Public Relations
• Richard Ferguson, Prevention Council board president, senior vice-president and corporate Secretary at Saratoga National Bank
• Molly McBride-Scala, Prevention Council board president-elect, administrative law judge for the DEC