Seen on: WNYT
February 19, 2019 06:17 PM
A two-day underage drinking operation in Saratoga County ends with 12 establishments accused of violating the law.
The state’s beverage control law prohibits the sale of an alcoholic beverage to a person under the age of 21 years.
Eighty stores and eateries were checked. Twelve establishments and their employees were issued a ticket.
The sheriff’s office says the goal of the operation was to not only check for proper ID, but to curb underage drinking.
The following businesses were cited:
1. City Sports Grille (Sparetime Bowling Alley), St. Rt. 9 in the Town of Halfmoon
2. Speedway, 100 Commerce Drive in the Town of Clifton Park
3. Speedway, 229 Church Avenue in the Town of Ballston
4. The Whitehouse Restaurant and Bar, 95 Milton Ave in the Village of Ballston Spa
5. Post Time Wine and Spirits, 170 South Broadway in the City of Saratoga Springs
6. Red Cap Mobile, 177 South Broadway in the City of Saratoga Springs
7. Humbuggs, 569 Gansevoort Road in the Town of Moreau
8. Friendly Spirits, Wines & Liquors, 1346 St. Rt. 9 in the Town of Moreau
9. Tim’s Discount Liquors, 139 St. Rt. 9 in the Town of Moreau
10. Jones & 50 Wine and Spirits, 4208 St. Rt. 50 in the Town of Wilton
11. Stewarts Shops, 43 Bluebird Road in the Town of Moreau
12. Gulf Gas Station, 10 Round Lake Road in the Town of Malta