Sunday, December 2, 2012
I know there are many worthy organizations to support in our area, so during this season of giving thanks, I’d like to let our community know that we at The Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention Council are overwhelmed with gratitude when we reflect on the past year. Many, many thanks to:
• Saratoga County schools for supporting our programs. Most recently, to the staff at Maple Avenue Middle School and Saratoga Springs High School for their help with the bi-annual Prevention Needs Assessment Survey. Thanks also to the students for giving honest answers;
• The many businesses that bought tables at and donated raffle items to our One Stop Shop fundraiser;
• The many community leaders and students who modeled at the One Stop Shop.
• Many local law enforcement agencies for their help with two prescription drug drops and overall support of our mission;
• The hundreds of sponsors, volunteers and runners who made our first Tuff eNuff Challenge a huge success, and also to NYRA and BOCES for graciously lending their property;
• The Saratogian, for amazingly generous ad space to promote all these initiatives.
In this fiscal climate, with our usual sources of funding support dwindling or being discontinued altogether, it’s especially encouraging to see the communities we serve rallying around us. Thank you for helping Saratoga County children live healthy, safe and drug-free lives.
The Alcohol and Substance Abuse Prevention Council