Did you know:
- Motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of death for 15 – 20 year olds.
- Drivers under age 21 represent about 5 percent of licensed drivers, but are involved in 14 percent of fatal crashes.
- Data published in a “Monitoring the Future” study indicated one in ten high school seniors reported driving after smoking marijuana within the two weeks prior to the survey.
- Despite a decline in youth drinking, evidence suggests that underage impaired driving is increasing.
- More than 5,000 drivers under age 21 were arrested for DWI last year; over 8 percent of all such arrests.
- As a parent, you can not give alcohol to your teen’s friends under the age of 21 under any circumstances, even in your own home.
If nothing is done, more young lives will be lost. Help prevent these tragedies by reporting illegal purchase or consumption of alcoholic beverages by minors by calling 1-866-UNDER 21.
Your confidential tip will be investigated. You just might save someone’s life.
(Information taken from the NYS Police website)